Thursday, October 9, 2008

Song of The Week

Hello! For well over a year now I've been keeping a playlist in my iTunes called "Song of The Week". Every week I pick a track that I have particularly enjoyed listening to over the last 7 days and drop it in there. After a while, the playlist has grown into a big weird collection of tunes that wouldn't exist together anywhere else. It's kinda worked out my favourites for me.

The song can be new or old, one I've just discovered or an old favourite. The genre, mood or popularity are also irrelevant. The fun is that I end up with a mix of styles. Sad songs from sad times and happy songs from happy times. Sometimes I think about my choices quite intensely, sometimes it's a spur of the moment thing.

I'll try to post a selection from my list here (1 a week, hopefully). If you could take a wee minute to listen to the songs, I think you might like them. I hope you do. Also, I recommend everyone to start a Song of The Week playlist. After a few months it'll become a real go-to choice on your iPod.

No comments: